Share positive business results from responsible business practices // 11.21.2008 at 12:58 PM
by Tim Sanders
One of the best ways you can help others on this website is by sharing your business/social success stories.
Many of us want to implement socially responsible programs at work ranging from people to community to planet. The problem is, with the current state of the economy, we need to tie it to the business. In many cases, you'll need to demonstrate that your ideas is either free or helps the company save money.
The good news is that in my research and experience, sustainable and responsible business practices can meet both business requirements.
The key, of course, is networking. In other words, there's probably somebody else in the world that has already tried the idea, and may have positive business results to give you as ammo as you pitch it up in your company.
If you've been part of a program that has documented savings or increased sale, please post something about it. Start the subject line of your post with "Success Story". You'll likely be contacted by other members who've read your story and want to get more details from you. You may create a valuable business relationship through it all!
Here are a few success stories that would be helpful to others:
1. How an eco-efficiency program reduced expenses (utilities, shipping, etc.)
2. The business case for bringing in recycling services
3. A community outreach program that either increased talent retention or sales
4. A wellness program that showed cost savings or increased productivity
5. A paperless office initiative that decreased expenses or broke even and increased productivity
6. A cause related promotion that increased sales
- Sign Up
- Log In
Start making a difference today.
Already have an account?
Buy the Book
Saving the World at Work (Hardcover)
by Tim Sanders
What’s the Buzz?